Saturday, January 30, 2016

Re-introducing me

I had plastic surgery when I was 6
Because my ears used to flop like a Cocker Spaniel's.
But I rarely wear any makeup.
I get a little more deaf every day
But I am a very good listener if you give me the chance to be.

I care deeply. Too deeply.
And that's only a bad thing every once in a while.
I used to be stronger than all the boys in my class- I was the champion at arm wrestling.
My arms aren't very strong anymore, and I don't have a six pack of abs.
But I'm still very strong inside. I don't always see it but I am. I know that now.

I don't swear or rebel or complain about my parents
But believe me, I know what the 'real world' is like
And I  honestly don't care if you do those things, I'll love you anyways- if only from a distance.

I liked the Hope Assembly- except for the fact that we keep trying to take mental illness out of suicide in an effort to feel like we have some control over it. Suicide is a horrible thing, and it happens way too often. But depression isn't something that can be fixed by talking to popular kids in the halls. Our school isn't only unified or successful if we don't lose anyone to this horrible illness. Often the people who seem the happiest are the ones struggling the most. I should know.

I wish I could go on more dates,
And I wish I didn't have to be the one to ask people on dates,
And I hate that people seem to think dates always have to cost money,
And let's be honest, I think way too much about dating in general.
But hey, college is coming up
And who knows what will happen.
Real talk, I'm terrified of RM's.
But I can tell my future will be a good one. Gotta keep up the hope.

But there you go.
Introduction number two.
Welcome, new students, new readers, old readers. All.
Welcome to Paris.
I'm Korra.
And I'm also Tiffany.
Truly a pleasure.

2 comments: