Saturday, February 13, 2016

I see you! (Peekaboo?)

I was at the school last night at ten pm. Woot drama. Anyways, being in the hall, completely empty hall, it was really cool. Always is. It has a magic to it. A mystery. Being the only one in the darkened hallway made me feel important somehow. Which is funny because you'd think it would feel lonely. No. I feel lonely when the halls are packed with people. This school has so. Many. People. I have to put on my happy face, because people like happy people. But when it was just me... I could smile for real. My goofy smile. I literally twirled down the hall in bare feet and leggings because why not. The point?
I know how easy it is to feel like no one cares, like you have to put on a face. I know how much it hurts to see those people who walk down the hall holding hands, even as much as it makes me snicker on the outside. I know the feeling of searching the crowd before school and the feeling of seeing people laugh so naturally. The feeling when people come up to the person right next to you, smiling, hugging.
But I also know how many people do know those feelings too.
In a school as big as this one, it's pretty easy to be lost. But there are people to go to, people to meet, who know something close to how you feel. People who will look at you and smile and see YOU, not your pen name, not your problems, YOU.
But you can only find them if you keep your eyes open. If you keep your chin up. If you continue to look forward.
I hope to be the kind of person people feel like they can approach with a problem, call in the middle of the night to talk to.
Because when I look at you, I don't see struggleswithanxiety or kissedtenguysbeforeshewassixteen or getsbulliedeveryday. I see you.
I'm going to stop before this gets cheesy.
Anyways, I love you guys.
Call me. If you want.
And if you ever get the chance,
Dance in the empty hallways of the school. It's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment