Wednesday, October 21, 2015

I'm not ready.

Life is a gigantic puzzle.
Each piece snaps into place as we learn and grow.
The pieces that don't fit get tossed away and the correct piece is searched for.

That guy wasn't the one for you? Toss the piece away. There will be a piece to fit perfectly.
Got injured, can't play that sport ever again? Toss the piece away. There will be joy to be found.
Rejected from that college? Toss the piece away. Some other college will be destined just for you.


but.

sometimes we hold on to the pieces too tightly. 
sometimes we physically can't let go.
sometimes we can't just toss the piece away.
sometimes we fear losing those pieces so much it cripples us.

What's my greatest fear?
Failure.
Losing control.
Not living up to expectations.
Losing pieces of myself
to the box of could-have-been's.
And I'm not ready to grow up.
I'm not ready for life.

1 comment:

  1. Failure is ny biggest fear as well. I'm ultra competitive and hate to lose, but only certain failures i fear.

    ReplyDelete