Thursday, October 8, 2015

Multiple subjects= brain vomit

Do I like you because I think you like me?
Or do I like you because I really do like you?
(Update... it was because I thought you liked me. I'm sorry. I just can't think of you that way.)

I look into their eyes
and I think (and hope) they're made of broken mirrors
because somehow I feel uglier.


Why am I disintegrating into a pile of dust
like too-old bricks
under too much strain?



Dear you: (or should I say Dear John?)
yes, you. you know who you are. I can never thank you so much for everything you did for me this summer. I had been so down on myself and so stressed and worried no one would ever like me... and you came along. That being said... I hate being thought of as 'taken' and 'your girl'. You've got other things to focus on and so do I. The last thing you need right now as you enter the mission field is me distracting you. I keep having flashbacks of the times we had together and it was amazing. truly. but I don't want them anymore. I want to date other guys without feeling guilty and still attached to you. Thinking about you makes me sad because I miss you so much. I have too many things going on that make me sad besides you. I don't want to be sad anymore. I hope you understand. I still think you're the best. I still support you. But I'm done thinking about 'us'. I want to move on because being stuck in this dark, sad place is bad for me. I'm sorry. Thank you for the hike to the waterfall and all the memories that came afterwards. I still want to see you when you get home... as a friend.
I'm still praying for you- you're going to be such a great missionary.
-me



Aww Yeah.
I like studio c too much.

6 comments:

  1. Wow.. that was harsh. "why am I disintegrating into a pile of dust like too-old bricks under too much strain?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. your scattered thoughts just changed my life.
    i seriously love your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great honest post well done! Seems like you put your heart into this #Quality

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figured you out! I know who you really are!
    Great post though.
    #Quality

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. Just a bunch of scatter brained beautiful thoughts put together.

    ReplyDelete