Monday, November 9, 2015

Baa. I'm a sheep.

One senior year bucket list item I have to get out there:
I want to go on a date with a football player this year.
Just once.
I know, I know, popularity is nothing
and look for the guys that are really genuine and different
and wanting to fit in is for sheep and tourists
but that doesn't stop me from wanting it.
Because I know who they are.
They're not just mindless jocks.

Because I know Talmage Gunther is the sweetest, smartest, kindest guy.
He has an incredible testimony.
and maybe he doesn't remember my name
but he still says hi to me in the hall.

Because I know Nate Bennett is a freaking genius and is so uplifting.
He has an incredible testimony.
and maybe he doesn't remember my name
but he still says hi to me in the hall.

Because I know Michael Cannon is hilarious and driven and brilliant.
He has an incredible testimony.
and maybe he doesn't remember my name
but he still says hi to me in the hall.

And that's just three examples.

so maybe I'm just a background color in a sea of colorful jock fish
but they still say hi to the tiny little krill below them.
I applaud their ability to be more than they are.
I wish I could be more than I am.
I wish I could be noticed.
I wish I could be courageous.
I wish I could talk to guys like that.
I wish I could be...

YOU KNOW WHAT?????

Tal, even though we haven't talked since English last year, will you go on a hike with me? And thank you. For not ignoring me.

Nate, even though you don't know me super well, will you go to a movie with me? And thank you. For getting me through math sophomore year.

Michael, even though we have never had a real conversation besides 'did you do the homework?'- will you come get a Roxberry with me? And thank you. For treating me like a real person.

-Korra

11 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, and echoes in my ears. You go Korra.
    "He has an incredible testimony." << :D awww yeah

    ReplyDelete
  2. FREAKIN UHHHHHH (Nelson grunt) this is so cool. You are the definition of amazing and fearless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know for a fact they would all love to go out with you. Way to speak up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha dang girl ! You go ! :D
    #teamkorra

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so great and more opened minded than so many things I've seen. And I adore the title. Because it's funny and because this makes you a leader, not a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I wish I could be more than I am." #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish one of the football players commented on this, asking to meet up somewhere, that way it's a blind date with a football player. that would be cool. best of luck. great post.

    ReplyDelete