Monday, November 2, 2015

Red Alert: It's Real.

Anxiety is not just fear.
Anxiety is not just stress.
Anxiety is not just perfectionism.
Anxiety is not just fatigue.
Anxiety is not nice. or pleasant. or bearable.
Anxiety is REAL.
Anxiety is crushing panic
that swallows you whole
and doesn't let you
think
straight
for
one
second.
Anxiety is when breathingspeedsupsomuchit'snothealthy
Anxiety is when your chest physically hurts from your heart beating so hard
Anxiety is too many or too few chemicals in your brain
Anxiety is REAL.
Anxiety is all those nights sobbing in the middle of the night because
life
is
so
hard
and there's next to nothing that can be done to make it easier.
Anxiety told her that those people whispering must be talking about her
Anxiety told her that she was inadequate
Anxiety told her she should give up.

Anxiety is REAL.

Anxiety
is
me.

9 comments:

  1. Woah. that last line adds a whole new perspective to this, and I really like it. I had to read it again knowing that the anxiety is yourself. Deep and simple. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post kind of gave me anxiety...but in a good way. i really like that you

    talked about this. and it was real. well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anxiety has never really been a part of my life. I didn't understand it-I didn't know why people couldn't just calm down when having an anxiety attack. These last few months, my best friend has had extremely bad anxiety, and I have a completely new perspective now. It's hard, it's scary, it affects all of your thoughts, it changes things. Thank you for opening up and sharing. You're brave and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel like your writing is so real, and relatable, that i can literally just get lost in the words you type. you took something that is nearly impossible to describe, and described it. i love that about all your writing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last lines....Gave me chills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The style of your post is great. The style gives the point of the post.
    #Quality!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anxiety just told me not to comment, so I did.

    ReplyDelete