Sunday, November 1, 2015

To Perfectionism:

You told me that my worth is equal to my accomplishments
But gold medals and state titles are too heavy 
and my neck might just snap under all your expectations.
I push and try and scream silently
because no one can see just how imperfect my mind is.
all they see is perfection.
no, all they see is what should be perfect
because 2 + 2 can't equal 5 but somehow I still got an A on that test
because you told me to.
My math notes must have an error somewhere,
because my handwriting is worse than yours
but you know what?
I like silver medals better anyways.

8 comments:

  1. Yessss, math notes post I like it. "I like silver medals better anyways." SO good, all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your ending is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I still got an a on the test because you told me to #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I like silver medals better anyways"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "You told me that my worth is equal to my accomplishments
    But gold medals and state titles are too heavy"

    your writing is honest and real, i admire you lots

    ReplyDelete