Monday, September 7, 2015

Dear you...

You know who you are.
Don't you dare give up.
I can't even try to say I know how you feel because I don't.
But one thing I do know is that my life sucks too.
In a different way,
but it does.
I literally can't catch a break. I know you can't seem to either.
But one thing I have learned over and over again is that
every bad day comes to an end.
Everything does get better.
Yeah, it gets worse again.
It will always get worse again
because that's how life works.
But every injury heals (even the ones that the doctors say won't ever get better).
Every panic attack subsides (even if you're left with residual panic that follows you everywhere.)
Everything does get better.
And you'll be stronger when it does.
Things WILL get better.
I PROMISE.
And I can't promise it'll be soon.
I can't promise you'll be happy about the resolution.
I can't promise anything
except for that 
it 
will
get
better.
If not now, then tomorrow.
If not tomorrow, then next week.
If not next week, then next year.
And I know that if you give up now,
Things will have gotten better tomorrow
And you'll wish you'd have held on just one more day.

please.
please.
don't give up.
You are never alone.
You are so loved.
By me, by your family, 
by others you don't even know about,
by your ancestors,
by your future spouse and unborn children,
and by your Father.

keep going. hold on. stay strong.
you won't regret it.

-me

2 comments: