Friday, September 11, 2015

I wasn't a crayon girl.

I was a marker girl. A colored pencil girl.
I never liked crayons.
As soon as they wear down (and the favorite colors always do so soon),
The point is gone and
it's impossible to color between the lines.
And staying in the lines was really important to me.
still is.

I always hated that the blues and greens (my favorite ones)
would become rounded nubs while the tan, peachy color stayed perfectly pointy. 
because who wants to use the tan, peachy color.

I am the tan, peachy color.

I am the white crayon that only shows up on black paper
and most people don't own black paper.
I am the too-light almost-yellow green that children quickly got bored of
because at first sight, it seems like a pretty fun color
but once you use it,
it's not nearly as pretty as you want it to be.
I am the tan, peachy color only good for coloring in stick-figure faces
but who colors in stick-figure skin?

So I get left alone in the box with all the rounded-nub, beautiful, popular colors.

I never liked crayons. Especially not the tan, peachy-colored one.

5 comments:

  1. great post.

    ps. I too prefer colored pencils over crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I join the colored pencils over crayons club? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was really deep and really sad but it made me feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are a rainbow crayon.

    ReplyDelete